DSV Saturation Diving Systems
Unique Hydra has an excellent track record in manufacturing classed commercial saturation diving systems. As part of the Unique Maritime Group, and in co-operation with world-leading specialist sub-contractors, Unique Hydra is ideally positioned to continue manufacturing state of the art DSV saturation diving systems. The Unique Hydra DSV diving systems typically include the following features:
- The system layout and chamber configuration will largely depend on the client requirements, the vessel layout and available spaces.
- The chamber system layout is designed such as to be ergonomically maximised as well as ensure the minimal noise and vibration transmission.
- Chamber complex design is to be integrated to the vessel design.
- Modular building blocks configurable to meet client and vessel requirements.
- Modular concept defines two compartment types, being a wet and a dry compartment with all supplies/controls arranged to service each type of compartment.
- Side mate or top mate bell configurations as this determines the bell trolley design.
- The bell handling system design – 2 wire/3 wire, hydraulic or electrical.
- Passive & active heave compensation systems.
- Chamber sizes from 2.3 to 2.4m in diameter. Doors ranging from 700 to 900mm.
- Chamber dedicated sleeping and dedicated day areas with larger systems.
- Modern chamber fit-out with fully integrated work and entertainment systems.
- 6 to 8m3 bells.
- Twin bell or single bell.
- Considerations for fiber rope designs.
- Conventional two winch system or triple winch system.
Unique Hydra is actively developing Dive System Automation with much success. Some salient features of how Unique Hydra will use this tried and proven technology to assist our clients include:
- Primary focus is to support the operator in repetitive procedural tasks, system monitoring and logging.
- Chamber monitoring includes – (Pressure, O2/CO2 content, Temp, RH, Fire Detection, Door positions, Gas supply pressure and analysis, SPHL status).
- Chamber functions – (Pressure control, Oxygen make-up, Remote operation lights/scrubbers, Sewage system, Hydraulic door operation).
- Diver/Dive Bell Monitoring – (Diver depth, Bell Depth, Hot water flow and temp, Breathing gas pressure and analysis, Bell power supply incl. batteries, onboard gas storage, dive logging).
- Dive Machinery monitoring– (Compressor status, Hydraulic system status, Power supply status, Chamber and Diver reclaim status, ECU status monitoring, ambient O2 control).
- Safety Critical Functions that could be automated include.
- Monitor Oxygen Concentration
- Monitor Carbon Dioxide Concentration
- Monitor Pressure Gradient
- Monitor Deco Rest Periods
- Fire Alarms
- Over Pressure Alarms
- Manual Shut Down
For customised systems and further information please contact us.